Managing a Music Business Enterprise (MMBE) is a music business course. The first of its kind, it’s a new accredited, qualification delivering the skills and knowledge essential to running a sustainable music business
How long is the course?
It’s a 13 week part time course plus three additional support tutorials from the course tutor. Units are delivered in daylong seminars (10am-5pm), one day per week.
What age do I need to be to do the course?
The course is suitable for learners aged 16+.
Who is MMBE designed for?
MMBE is designed for:
• Existing music business who want to grow and develop their knowledge or personal development for employees
• New/start up music businesses looking to start or develop a new product or service
What types of businesses have taken the course?
• Artist managers, promoters and booking agents
• People running or looking to start a record label or publishing company
• Freelance performers looking to develop a portfolio career
• Song writers and DIY artists taking their own products to market
How much does it cost?
£895.00: Adult Co-Funded Learner (All Learners)
£495.00: Adult Fully Funded (Benefits / Part-time workers)
Is there any funding available?
There are organisations, such as Princes Trust http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/ that may meet the remaining costs providing that you fit their criteria. This should be arranged directly between the learner and the funding organisation.
People on benefits/part-time workers may qualify for additional discount depending on status e.g. if you are claiming Job Seekers Allowance, employed less than 16 hours per week, council tax/housing/incapacity benefit. Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance Award or if this is your first level 2 or level 3 qualification.
Due to Government cuts in course funding through the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) – as of August 1st 2013 we’re unable to offer SFA reductions on course fees for MMBE.
Who delivers the course?
MMBE has been developed by Generator – the UK’s leading music development agency – in collaboration with the UK music industry. MMBE is delivered by a head tutor, who will be experienced in the music industry, business support and training. Industry specialists will be brought in for specific units e.g. leading digital music experts Music Ally
How will I be assessed?
Candidates will be assessed continuously throughout this course. This will be through several methods including:
• Candidate portfolio (Business plan) – structured towards their preferred business/enterprise model. Learners will be given various research projects and written essays to show their understanding of different units. Their portfolio should also take the form of a business plan for a new enterprise which can be developed with the tutor(s) throughout the duration of the course
• Presentation – candidates will be asked to present aspects of their learning and research to the tutor in a controlled environment (this may be recorded for monitoring purposes)
• Team work and discussion – within the classroom environment, monitored and led by the tutor
Can you cover travel costs?
Unfortunately no, we cannot cover travel costs.
How do I apply?
You can apply for MMBE online via the Generator website –http://www.generator.org.uk/mmbe/course-costs or by calling Jonny Gray at Generator 0191 255 4469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org